Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Blast from the Past

Here's a total blast from the past.  While I was looking through vintage patterns on the internet, looking for beach wear for the next HSF challenge, I stumbled upon this one.

I would be willing to bet that Mum's pattern actually came from Simplicity or McCalls, but she used this with a squared lower corner and no pocket.  She made matching Mom and daughters Easter outfits, in a heathered pink fabric (unknown fiber content) with a pink and peach trim,.  My sister and I also got matching capes, made from a lightweight pale grey wool, with white pique Peter Pan collars edged with a heavy white lace.  With our white straw hats, basket purses and white patent leather shoes, we were quite cute.  My brothers were quite well-dressed too, but at the moment I can't remember what they were wearing.  There are pictures of us wearing them floating around somewhere.  One day when I find the photos, I'll scan them and post them.

Happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment