Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blizzard's a comin'

Well, we're bunkering down and preparing for a blizzard here in the Northeast.  I've put the quilts up over the North facing windows and I've added another layer over the poorly installed wall-mount air-conditioner unit  The gaps are substantial and have been, for over five years [the unit itself conked out four years ago], but since the landlord passed away last month, I don't expect that it will be taken care of before I can do it in the spring.  I've put extra blankets on the beds and sofa and the oil lamps have been pulled out, chimneys cleaned and fueled up.  George went on a canned goods run today and will get some more tomorrow.  School has already been cancelled for Liam, so he'll be coming from his dad's early tomorrow.  He'd rather be snowed in here, where he can play with his cousin and 'weekend/summer' friends.  I know there will be a lot of snow, because Gizzy has been glued to my side all day, instead of perched behind me on the back of the chair. 

I'm working steadily on Lynn and Shannon's pocket hoops and hope to have them finished in time for the Historical Sew Fortnightly Challenge, on Sunday.  I'm running a bit behind, I couldn't find any of my sewing needle packets and that really slowed me down.  I definitely need to do some straightening up and making designated places for my sewing supplies.  As it is right now, everyone keeps moving my stuff and then they can't remember where it got shoved.  I guess it's a really good thing that I was planning on making the pocket hoops completely by hand, because if we lose power, I really won't have any other options.

I really hope we'll have power so I'll be able to post pictures.  I'm really looking forward to meeting the deadline AND getting the pictures into the challenge album.

Time to pin on the next casing and get stitching again.

Stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment