Friday, February 15, 2013

First of Four Pocket Hoops Is Finally Finished

The first pocket hoop is finally done.


interior of pocket hoop showing inside pocket

exterior of pocket showing stitching of inside pocket

back of pocket hoop showing stitching and finishing
As I've said before, I tend to do more finishing on items for Lynn and
 Shannon, because they will pull any loose threads and unravel the seams.

all closed up, front view

rear view

back view of waist casing, showing Lynn's initials

front view of waist casing, showing top-stitching
I know the initials aren't REALLY necessary, but it should help Lynn and Shannon keep track of their gear.  Plus it also looks nice, and I feel it's really the finishing touch on any garment.  It will also help me keep track of who breaks the most hoops.  I left the hoop casings open for a short distance to make replacing them easier, because I know I will have to replace hoops.  I think you can see that I used two lengths of 3/8" half oval reed, flat side-to-flat side, in each casing.
Good night and sweet dreams of fanciful sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment